Saturday Red Session Week 3

I’m Thankful every day for My Wife. What are you Thankful for? Post Notes to Comments

Being Thankful

What does is mean to truly be a Thankful Person?  A thankful person recognizes the simple things in life, and is able to magnify these simple things so much, that he or she finds an incredible amount of joy through them.  A thankful person learns to be thankful for the hardships in their life, knowing that these hardships will only make them stronger and more capable of handling anything that is thrown their way.  A person that is thankful is open about what they are thankful for.  This type of persons continuous effort to show gratitude for the simple things in life makes others think about what they are thankful for.  Therefore, this person becomes an incredible example to all.

Being a thankful person is a wonderful attribute to obtain.  We can be thankful for the mistakes we have made in our lives, especially if we gain knowledge from these mistakes.  We can flip these mistakes upside down and turn them into something positive, in which learning from them will only make us stronger.

Once we learn to be a thankful person, life takes on a whole new perspective.  We start noticing things that weren’t there before.  Our eyes are opened up to a whole new world where things seem clearer and make more sense.  The people in our lives become more important to us.  We start putting what we value the most in our lives first.  We start recognizing our talents and full potential, knowing that we have been blessed with great opportunities. Opportunities that wouldn’t have been granted to us were it not for the adversity in our lives.

-Dustin Hawkins

26 replies
  1. buzz
    buzz says:

“feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it”~William Arthur Ward~ Since I have no quotes of my own I want to say THANKS to everyone who has gone through struggles in life and do not judge others because they understand!

2. codyrunnels
    codyrunnels says:

Something that has helped me in being a VERY thankful person is simply the realization that as I make wise/good/right decisions, I in turn receive much more good in return then I expect, and surely more then I deserve… we all know ourselves very well, and to be blessed with an oppertunity to become better today then we were yesterday is truly something to be thankful for!
    And no matter how far I progress, or how great I feel. I will never forget the misery I endured, or the pain that I have caused others.. that fact has molded me into a thankful person..
    We can do nothing to change our past… but we have power to shape our future. God bless you all

3. JVO
    JVO says:

I haven’t yet expressed my reasons for participating in the WAR program. I have had an obsession with my profession. Our company employs 35 talented guys that I have a vast amount of respect for. We work in the construction industry so this recession has been an agonizing challenge (17% unemployment rate). Unfortunately, I am the one who has to continually sell our services. This has been tormenting to me and my family for the last 6-8 months.

This last December was the apex of my problem. With a big layoff looming, a potential acquisition of a lame partner, profit margins down, putting massive time in the office to bid on the projects that are available and a confrontation with my wife about my non existing participation in our family and her overall unhappiness that I am responsible of… I completely broke down… I was unhappy to go to work. I was unhappy to go home. The small things weren’t fun anymore. The pressure on my chest was unbearable. I was reaching out to self help books to possibly reduce some of the tension. For the first time in my life i also considered the easy alternative… This SCARED me so bad that I let it come to this. It opened up an opportunity to take a step back and analyze my situation, to see what should be important to me.

I wanted a change. Nothing was worth what I was experiencing. Severing my ties to the business, selling our home, changing my professional direction was all viable options that made perfect sense. Losing my family was not an option. They are my happiness, my reason. My family is what I am EXTREMELY thankful for.

January I got with Hawk and happily signed up for the WAR program. This program has helped me with clarity, and overall strength to deal with the challenges that I face every day. I also want to thank everyone who has shared their stories with me. We’re human, we fall and then we get back up!

4. BORCH
    BORCH says:

BEING THANKFUL

I have a great deal to be thankful for. I have a job, I have a awesome wife who is my best friend. She understands me both the good and bad with sometimes no words even said. I have a 2 year old little boy that I adore. I probably could go on and on when you sit down and realize how good your life is and how many people are struggling around you. I am thankful for WAR and the opportunity it has provided for me to not only get stronger, look better, but to analyze myself on so many levels. It has made me have gratitude for so much yet see how shallow I am in so many ways. It has shown me that looking dumb or weak are easy to avoid by staying in your comfort zone, be it with working out, your career, or your family. You have to work at all aspects continually to grow and improve as a person physically and mentally. .

Thanks HAWK and DOM for working so hard at something you believe in.

5. Donnette Firkins
    Donnette Firkins says:

I simply want to tell you that I’m all new to blogging and site-building and actually enjoyed this web blog. Most likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You definitely come with fabulous writings. Thanks for sharing your web-site.

6. Joseph
    Joseph says:

Do you have a spam problem on this site;
    I also am a blogger, and I was curious about
    your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

7. poly tarp
    poly tarp says:

I Am Going To have to visit again when my course load lets up – however I am taking your Rss feed so i could go through your internet site offline. Thanks.

8. filipinos
    filipinos says:

I don’t really like livejournal or xanga. I already have both of those. I was going to try deadjournal because I read on here that it was really good, but I don’t want to have to pay for it and you have to have an invite code to get in free. Does anybody have an invite code they could give me, or a suggestion on another free blogging website I could try? Any information would be helpful..

Comments are closed.